- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 fresh large jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 1T Molly's Mills Idahoan Blend, freshly ground
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
These decadent poppers are a party pleasing favorite!
- In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed stock pot add enough oil to come 1/3 of the way up the sides of the pan. Heat oil to 370 degrees F over medium heat.
- Cut jalapeños in half, remove ribs and seeds.
- Combine cream cheese with the peanut butter and then spoon the mixture into each jalapeño half, mounding it slightly. Place in freezer to harden.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and Molly’s Mills.
- Once the filling is firm, dip each stuffed jalapenos into the egg and then roll in the panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, if necessary, gently place jalapenos in preheated oil and fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Cool slightly before serving, as the filling is extremely hot.
- Serve with The Jelly Lady’s Black Cap Jelly and Enjoy!